Amazing Cars and Drives Car Buyers Guide: Mercedes-Benz C220D AMG Line Coupe Review
Up next in our series of car reviews is the Mercedes-Benz C220D AMG Line Coupe Review. With the arrival of the new C-Class Coupe, Mercedes-Benz have introduced a truly-stylish executive vehicle to the market. With a wide range of engines and a beautiful interior loaded with advanced technology, this vehicle comes as a four-door saloon or estate car – perfect for those Coupe fans who want that extra legroom.
Mercedes fans will be delighted to see that the manufacturer has clearly placed much emphasis on improving on the previous model. Indeed, new engines and redesigned factory bumpers now allow the C-Class coupe to truly compete with Audi’s new A5 or the latest BMW 4 Series.
What is perhaps most impressive about the new C-Class Coupe is its massively improved infotainment system, which comes with the intuitive MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) system integrated throughout the vehicle. This is brought together with a sleek, high-resolution 10.25-inch screen, which is upgradeable to a larger 12.3 inch display. The integration of the new system makes this car look and feel like one of the most futuristic cars on the market.
However, the car’s impressive nature doesn’t end with its offering of advanced technology. The interior of the car is beautifully finished with high-grade aluminium and unfinished wood. Meanwhile, Mercedes’ own Artico upholstery looks and feels fantastic as a substitute for genuine leather.
One aspect of this fresh model that can expect to face some criticism is its modest boot space. However, this is an issue easily addressed by the car’s folding seats. Indeed, this comes as a particularly strong all-rounder, with next-to-no wind or tyre noise at motorway speeds.
An added bonus is the car’s fuel efficiency, with the vehicle’s speed sufficient to overtake slow traffic. Relatively cheap to run, the car also comes with a built in electric motor which further reduces fuel consumption.
- Smartphone integration
- Wireless charging
- Attention Assist
- Reversing Cameras
- Exterior temperature gauge
- SD card SAT NAV system
- ECO stop/start functionality
- Customisable ambient interior lighting system
- Fully adjustable sports-style seating with integrated headrests
- Steering wheel audio controls
- Heated front seating
- Flat-bottom steering wheel
- High-performance LED headlights and tail lamps
- Chrome-finished surround grille
- Adaptive brake lights
- Body-coloured bumpers and door mirrors
- Panoramic sunroof
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- TIREFIT with tyre inflation compressor
On the Road
- 66-litre fuel capacity
- Sports-style exhaust system
- Petrol Particulate Filter
- Diesel Particulate Filter
- Anti-theft alarm with interior protection and immobiliser
- Central locking system with interior switch