Amazing Cars and Drives Car Buyer Guide: Mercedes-Benz GLE 300D 4MATIC AMG Review
The latest in our series of car reviews is the Mercedes-Benz GLE 300D 4MATIC AMG – the very latest in the Mercedes sleek GLE series, spacious and packed to the roof with advanced driving technology.
The engine is powerful, yet verging on silent in this latest model. Equipped with a 9-speed automatic gearbox, this car promises a simplified driving experience, both on open roads and tight urban spaces. One of our favourite features is the MBUX (Mercedes-Benz user Experience) system: a voice assistance which allows personalisation on nearly all aspects of the car, from seat heating and radio to ambient lighting and mirrors.
The 2019 sees significant improvements – especially in the field of comfort. Adjustable seating with its own heating system creates a comfortable driving experience, especially with all that extra space considered. In this regard, the attention to detail is spectacular. Similarly to the S Class, we have a beautiful wooden finish on the dashboard of the car. Packed with hidden and interesting features, the vehicle’s interior is equipped with numerous storage spaces, as well as twin USB ports.
The GLE 300D is the first in its series to offer such an advanced offering of technology. The car’s sat nav system, for example, uses augmented reality to draw a real time path, using real traffic organisation. In this regard, Traffic Sign Assist is a fantastic feature, analysing the road ahead and displaying road signs and national speed limits on a sleek LED screen. Parking Assist, with its intuitive rear camera is a golden feature, and one we love to use in those tighter car parks. A choice of driving mode makes this model one of the most customisable, comfortable motoring experiences out there.
On the road, the GLE 300D is a pleasure. Ample foot and headspace in the front of the vehicle is matched in the back, where adjustable seat buttons can be found on either door. The passengers also have full control over their own heating. With this model, Mercedes-Benz have considered everything, from comfort to sheer performance. Drop down seats make the already-substantial boot space even larger. Modern yet robust, The GLE 300D deservedly takes its place in the ranks of truly luxurious SUVs.
- The GLE 300D deservedly takes is place in the ranks of truly luxurious SUVs, with a design engineered for ultimate comfort and convenience. The introduction of the intuitive MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) introduces a huge range of assisting features, including Traffic Sign Assist and augmented reality enabled cameras in the front and rear. With their latest SUV, Mercedes-Benz have achieved the ultimate in driver convenience.
- Nine-speed automatic gearbox.
- Integrated MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) technology.
- Heated seating.
- Adjustable steering column, side mirrors and seats.
- Customisable ambient lighting.
- Touch-screen LED monitors.
- Luxurious wooden finish.
- Panoramic sunroof.
- Rain-sensing windscreen wipers.
- Aluminium finish on side windows.
- Heat insulating dark tinted glass.
- AMG bodystyling to front, rear aprons and side skirts.
- LED high performance headlights.
- Radiator grille with integrated louvre in matt iridium silver, complemented with chrome trim.
- 20-inch AMG 5 twin-spoke alloy wheels finished in tremolite grey with high sheen.
On the Road
- On the road, the Mercedes-Benz GLE 300D 4MATIC AMG makes for a robust, yet smooth driving experience. Despite its status as an SUV, the engine is remarkably smooth and silent during operation. These features combined with the intuitive MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) technology make for a wholly convenient, comfortable, and ultimately fuel-efficient motoring experience.
- Alarm system with interior protection and immobiliser.
- Intuitive crash sensors.
- Keyless entry go starting function.
- Active bonnet.
- Airbags (driver and front passenger, side bag for driver and front passenger with combined thorax/pelvis bag and window bags.
- Childproof locking system.
- Pre-Safe anticipatory safety system.