Amazing Cars and Drives Car Buyer Guide: Mercedes-Benz AMG A35 Sport Review
The Mercedes-Benz AMG A35 Sport is the latest in the A-Series, and is the latest feature in our series of car reviews. A 2 litre, 4-cylinder vehicle, the car can reach 0-60mph in 4.7 seconds. What we love about this vehicle is its fully customisable features: adjustable steering columns, heated seats and electric wing mirrors are complemented by a personalised ambient lighting system. At first glance, it appears that with the A35 Sport, Mercedes-Benz have placed comfort at the very core of their offering.
The comfort of the new Sport model is matched only by the convenience of its interface. All settings can be changed via the interior’s LED screens, which are also mapped into the steering wheel’s sleek, intuitive touch pad. When compared to the previous hatchback, the improvements across this vehicle are hugely significant. Indeed, this hatchback offers the power of a sports car with the comfort of an SUV.
The beauty of the car’s exterior is matched by the gorgeous and spacious interior. Mountain grey metallic trims are inset with a black and grey interior upholstery, complemented by chrome-finished air vents in the car’s front and mid section.
Mercedes have created a truly intelligent vehicle, with the integration of the highly intuitive MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) technology. This alone comes packed with assistive driving, security and personalisation features. Take for example, the Traffic Sign Assist system, which analyses the road ahead and charts road signs on the LED display via augmented reality technology. Or the handy Park Assist function, which offers an automated parking experience with real-time reactive cameras to the front and back of the vehicle. Keyless entry adds further levels of convenience, as does the vehicle’s stop-and-start ignition, which doubles up as a fuel-conservation feature.
On the car’s exterior, we loved the classic AMG chrome-finished dual grille. The beauty is matched at the back of the vehicle, which hosts chunky twin exhausts and an impressive spoiler. This is all carried by 19-inch multi-spoke alloys with drilled AMG brakes. Meanwhile, privacy windows and a panoramic sunroof add further levels of convenience to this fantastic automobile. The new turbo engine offers an impressive 306 horsepower – and that power is evident when taking this car onto the roads. This is a fun, engaging, every day car that is loaded with cool, cutting-edge features.
- With the new A35 Sport, Mercedes-Benz have placed a fusion of comfort, convenience and performance at the core of their offering. Adjustable steering columns, heated seats and electric wing mirrors add layers of driver convenience. However, the intuitive MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) technology takes these qualities to new levels, with advanced Traffic Sign Assist, Parking Assist and Attention Assist features.
- Integrated MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) technology.
- Adjustable steering columns, seats and wing mirrors.
- Heated seating.
- Adjustable, customisable ambient lighting system.
- USB Ports to front and back of vehicle.
- AMG, flat-bottomed steering wheel with rotary knobs.
- 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo engine.
- AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7G dual-clutch transmission
- Chrome-finished splitter.
- AMG spoiler.
- Upgraded LED headlights and tail lamps.
- Chrome beltline.
- Tinted privacy glass.
- 18-inch twin spoke alloys.
On the Road
- This car drives as good as it looks. The vehicle’s 2.0 litre four-cylinder turbo engine packs a real punch, however adjustable driving profiles make this car a pleasure to drive both on the open road and in more constricted urban areas. The car’s stop-and-start function doubles up as a neat fuel conservation feature, whilst direct steering and attention assist add levels of automation, without detracting from the driving experience.
- Keyless entry system.
- Remote central locking and crash sensors.
- Alarm system with interior protection and immobiliser.